Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kaiser-Permanente appointment scheduling

Today my optometrist (O.D.) was 1 hour late...
for my appointment at Kaiser Homestead (Santa Clara CA), so when I finally found out from them how long it would actually take, I declined the appointment, asking for my money ($25 co-pay) back, and got it quickly by citing my having a van to catch back to my apt. complex. I also declined to reschedule, citing no confidence in the dept's on-line scheduling system or management, and refused all verbal apologies offered as irrelevant; I blame only the on-line scheduling system + dept. management, not the overworked O.D. or front-desk jockey, and told them so. Then I reported it on-line to Kaiser Member Services. Let's see what happens....

UPDATE:  Sat. 11 AUG 12 11am  I've just rec'd a phonecall from Member Services' Regina Celi (925) 924- 6944 who discussed my grievance with me; she will not log my grievance as against the O.D. but against management. We've agreed that I'm asking that my next co-pay ($25) be waived, and for $50 compensation for my time wasted.  Let's see what happens...

No comments: