Friday, May 7, 2010

Recycled Books

Recycled Books http://recyclebookstore.com/ (San Jose CA)

At my cardiologist's suggestion, I recently bought 2 South Beach diet books (one hardcopy, the other, paper) for half their cover price at Recycled Books' west suburban branch (275 E. Campbell Ave., Campbell CA); its main store is in bordering San Jose (1066 The Alameda, San Jose CA).

The Campbell store's so nicely visually-quiet (e.g., its large, orange tomcat naps comfortably on a storefront work-counter) that I'm considering offering them a few large potted jade plants for their windowsills, as well as proposing booking an occasional poetry reading series there. UPDATE: On Mon. 24 MAY I brought Stacey a 1'-dia., 2'-tall jade plant; look for it in the front window to the L, of course.

While I was there, I was told the main (San Jose) store mgr's an ex-Barnes & Nobler, but the Campbell store shows no visible elements of B&N's commercial style. (I've worked for B&N in MA and Borders in both MA & CA.)

No comments: