Sunday, April 8, 2012

EASTER EGG TREE

E@STER EGG TREES (I)

For Alex

Wondering if my children
still remember how we
pierced the shells & blew
albumen.& yolks out, boiling
the empty eggs in a year’s
saved onion-skins, hanging
empty eggs from golden threads
tied to a dry tree branch, on
Easter Day, I called my son
who quickly said: “Oh sure,
I remember doing that!”

(Easter Day, 8 APR 2012}v3
Santa Clara CA

EASTER EGG TREES (II)

From Maya
 
"I remember learning how
to blow the white & yolk
out of a hole made with
a straight pin, & being
amazed that the yolk
would slide through it!
I also remember that we
used onion skins to dye it
because I had a collection
of activity cards that mom
gave us of home science
experiments & projects,
& in the craft section they
had a card for how to
naturally dye Easter eggs.
So I wanted to try it. I am
also vaguely remembering
hanging them from a bush,
or maybe it was a tree, outside
the house at 22 Loveland Rd."

(8 APR 2012, Putney VT.)


No comments: